Wrinkles on the joint end

Hi

Got these on the model, any idea to avoid?

Thanks

kt

Hi @btd53,

Thanks for sending this one. Would it be possible for you to upload your .UMK file here (use the “Upload” button) or send it to “[email protected]”?

We can take a look at it and see how can we improve. I assume the complexity of the curves that are creating these surfaces cause this visualization bug.

Thanks,
Evi

Hi

Sent, thanks for the reply.

Actually, there are another issues with this model, like faces cannot be created using 4 connected lines - I suppose they are connected…

Anyway, I think it is the modelling technique rather than a bug, I used different 3D packages/methods in PC, there are always something you have to avoid to do for a error free model. I think it is same for uMake.

Thanks

Kt

Hi @btd53. Thanks for sending the file. We will look into how to fix the wrinkle visualization issue.

As for the surface issue - I think that the reason might be because the lines were not connected. I connected them and it works for me. I attached the .UMK file here.

kt.umk (40.1 KB)

Thanks,
Evi

hi

checked the file, it works.
Then I would like to know if any way to check the line is connected or not, I already turned the snapping on when working, the same appears when I try to make another surface.

thanks

kt

Thanks! I think we can improve the UI in a way that will show you if lines are connected (right now the edges of a curve are marked as green, but connected edges can be full green/other color to differentiate them from regular edge control points). I’ll add it as an enhancement task to our to-do list.

Hi,

Just an update on our end - it seems that the wrinkle is a rendering bug, but nothing that affects the geometry itself. For example: if you export the geometry to other 3D software, you won’t see it in there.

We will add it as a bug to our system and work to solve this issue.

Thank you,
Evi

hi

opened in Blender, the same rending issue, check in the wireframe mode, may be the mesh topology creating the problem - not quads but triangles here.

You right in the case of exporting .OBJ or .STL files, as this wrinkle being ‘embedded’ as part of the polygons.

That said, it is working properly when exporting to NURBS with as .IGES/.STEP.

Currently, unfortunately, we don’t have an immediate solution, except of exporting to IGES/STEP and maybe exporting as OBJ/STL from another software. I’ll open a bug about this case,and we should fix sometime soon.

Thank you again for reporting about this, and our apologies for not being able to solve this issue right now.

Evi

Hi @btd53,

I wanted to let you know that the wrinkle visualization issue you reported will be fixed in the coming release 2.8.

Thanks,
Yaniv, uMake developer

1 Like