Snaps and precision moves

I’ve watched a few videos and haven’t found what I’m looking for. I don’t see a snap to endpoint. Lines move unexpectedly. For instance with grid snap on, top view, I draw a line from 0,0 to roughly 1.63”. I double click on the line, select the dimension and type 1.63. Now the endpoint drops below 0. So I move the line up to 0 retaining the dimension. Next I want to draw a perpendicular line at 0,1.63; 0.375”. I turned snap off because I don’t want it snapping to grid but the endpoints don’t connect and the line is at a bit of an angle instead of horizontal. And can’t seem to get it attached. Now I try snaps on and draw the rough lengths. I lasso both and edit lengths. I still can’t move where I want. Did I miss a video?

Hi @Greg1b,

Thank you for contacting us. Appreciate the feedback.

Here are answers to your comments:

1. Under ‘Settings Panel’ >> ‘Snap’ >> You’ll find the option to snap to curves endpoints by turning on 'Curve Edges’, you can also turn it off/on quickly from the quick menu (bottom-right corner - you’ll see a blue button, which means the “Curve Edges” is turned on):

1. As for now, when you draw a line and then select it when you edit the dimension, it will change the line from its center-point. We’re working on improving this experience to fit your needs.

2. You can select multiple curves and then tap “Edit” then drag the curves endpoint to each other and connect or merge them into one curve:

• A) Select the curves and tap on “Edit”:

• B) Drag the endpoint to the other curve’s endpoint (make sure to turn on the “Snap Curve Edges” option to make it happen):

• C) The curves will be connected. You can also merge or blend them intoe one single line:

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any further question.

Thanks,
Evi