Progress lost after back-forth switching between devices, due to (lack of)Syncing

Today I showed a simple project i made earlier to a colleague on my iPhone. It made me first sign in, because i was still signed in on the iPad Pro.
An hour ago i wanted to proceed with a more recent project i’m working on. So i took the iPad and logged in again on uMake…to discover that all progress i made over the past weekend had vanished! 10+ hours down the drain :sob:

I think it happened because the project probably didn’t auto-sync on my iPad last night, and the switch of devices today “over-synced” it with the last sync it could find…
I never switch devices, so syncing my project is not really in my routine. It each time opens at the point where i left of before, so therefor never noticed the auto-sync doesn’t work like it should… The iPad is always within reach of the WiFi-network, so that can’t be the issue.

Is there any way to restore a previous moment, so for instance to this morning on the device itself?
I really do like uMake, but this is quite a nasty bummer that costs me at least 10 hours to reproduce.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Musa

Thank you for writing to us and our apologies for this experience!

Before you’re switching a device there’s a warning message to confirm with you if the files on the other device were synced.

I’ll do my best to see if we can recover the changes that were made when you switched devices.

Can you please email us at “[email protected]”?

Thank you,
Evi

Hi @evi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I will send an email with the needed information of my profile.

Thanks in advance for the effort!

This also happened to me last weekend😧

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give a quick update: We’re working on a better solution for edge scenarios where data/changes made on files could be lost. We will make sure that in any way, there will always be a backup for your drawing to avoid and copies conflicts.

We will include this in our upcoming update.

Our apologies for any inconvenience. Appreciate your patience.

Evi