Merge, Intersect and exclude functions

I use SketchupPro for my business and opted to use uMake rather than Shapr3D as it has a similar interface and is also compatible.
There are some functions that would be great if they were carried across to this App.

Whilst I’m still getting to grips with this app a great addition would be the ability to merge geometry so that models can be joined, particularly lofted surfacing.
Equally, the ability to extrude shapes through an existing model I have a complex extrusion that I’m modelling and want to carry out a simple mitre at each end. Being able to intersect a plan and then delete the unwanted section would be great.

Thank you for the suggestions @YaboDesign!

These are definitely on our roadmap and high on our “to-do” list. We will focus on these functions sometime soon. Would also be helpful if you can share some of your designs to demonstrate in which use-cases these functions could be helpful.

Thanks,
Evi

Is there anything new about this?

I just want to design game pieces for a board game. For easy printing and design, I would like to create the figures by joining together geometric bodies. If the geometry simply merges and creates new lines, that would be ideal.

Hi @BTTony,

Thanks for writing to us!

These functions are still not available in uMake, but we do plan to work on them soon. We understand these features are important. As for 3D printing - I think most 3D printing software supports these commands, so that might be helpful for now as a temporary solution.

Sorry for not having an immediate solution, but we’re doing our best to get these done sooner than later.

Thanks,
Evi

Any updates on this? This seems basic as I cannot find a easy way to make a hole on a diamond shaped earings.

Hi @Chonggang_Xu,

Thank you for writing us! There’s no update yet on this feature.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience. We’re doing our best to being it to uMake.

Thanks,
Evi

I understand the creative spirit and the idea.
Where can I find techniques for working with uMake that will allow me to model objects such as a cube with a perfectly cut sphere? Or quickly create objects tailored to others?

Best Regards
Mariusz

Hi @Mariusz,

For now, these techniques would be hard to create manually, although possible. We understand how important it is for our users to have these features and we’re doing our best to make them available as soon as we can.

Thank you,
Evi

Hi evi,
I understand. Thank you for your answer.
In other threads I will add some of my ideas. can help you download faster.
Best regards!

1 Like