Lines between layers mixing surfaces!

Hi,

I’m used to work with multiple layers to have different parts being draw separately, to later integrate it…

But I’m facing a terrible situation even with layers hidden!

Ex.: If I draw a rectangle, inside a box (in other layer, not visible) and if I move that rectangle to some position where crosses one of the borders of the box (or any other line) and move it again, it mess up the box… I tried even locking the layer containing the box.

Any idea about that?

Best Regards,
Reiner

Hi Reiner,

As intersected lines are automatically connect to each other, hence affecting each other, our recommendation would be to group them before moving them to intersect with another object/line. This way they will behave as “parts” rather than an editable geometry.

We will add an option to edit these groups without the need to ungroup them hopefully sometime soon.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Evi

In order to fix the problem in the way your suggested and avoid restarting from scratch, what is the 123 procedure to cut objects from one layer and paste them in another ?

@emon22 I would suggest the easiest way is to create a copy of the object (using the ‘copy’ button) is by moving the object in X units to a specific location (somewhere that isn’t intersect with other lines or objects).

Then, select the copied objects and group them. After that, move them back again by X units to the original place.

Finally, while the object is selected, assign it to a new layer you created for it.

At the moment, uMake doesn’t have a ‘Duplicate’ function to its layers system, but it is something we will add further along the road.

Let me know if this makes sense.

Thanks,
Evi