How to disable the auto-hiding of text on selected object in uMake ver 3

I’ve noticed the following changes to object selection in uMake ver 3.1 and 3.2.

Basically when you select an object, a menu pops up on the left hand side of the screen with icons and text. However after a few seconds the text disappears.

You can get the text back by pressing a small vertical line next to the icons, but this is temporary as the text disappears again.

I tried looking in the settings to disable this behaviour, but had no such luck. Could you point me towards it in case I missed it? Thanks.

On the off chance that there is no option to turn it off, could you please add an option to disable it in a future uMake update?

I’m guessing all these changes in version 3.xx are due to it being both on the iPhone and iPad, hence all these changes are made to give more working real estate for smaller screens.

Unfortunately for me it adds extra, although minute, time to get things done.

Anyways keep up the good work!

Hi @Kiwi - Yes, you’re right. This change added to support the iPhone version. We didn’t think it will be significant once you remember what each command is. Also, you can always bring it back by tapping on the small grey indicator. We will consider adding an option to make it visible all the time.

Thanks,
Evi

Hi Evi,

Thanks for the reply. I can’t speak for others but learning to use uMake to its full potential is a slow ongoing process, so for me it’s another small step backwards in trying to remember what each icon does (I have enough trouble trying to learn new things and remember how I did them. But as they say you can’t teach an old dog new tricks).

Tapping the small grey indicator is a little fiddly and it only displays for about three seconds before auto hiding again. (I’m using fingers and not the Apple Pencil - so precision is a little tricky and I’m using the 12.9” iPad - must be more difficult on smaller iPhones).

Just my experience. Hopefully it’s taken into account in future updates, if not that’s ok. I still love the app and will continue to use it.

iPhones and iPads are basically the same, except for the screen size. So I can understand wanting to have one version of uMake running on both. I just hope that while you make it easier for iPhone users, to try keep it the same for the iPad users if possible (or at least have the option in menus to do so - if that makes sense).

Anyways, keep up the good work!

Apologies for my long post.

Have a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year (or however you may celebrate the holidays).

Kiwi

1 Like

Thank you, @Kiwi! We will take it into consideration and research on what’s possible in this case.

We always love getting feedback like yours! Feel free to send us anything you have in mind.

Merry Christmas to you too and Happy New Year! :slight_smile:

Evi