Hard Time Recreating Something

Hello:

I’m new to UMake, and thin it has a lot of potential, however, I’m having a hard time recreating a feature of a shape, and I’m not sure if it’s me or the program (probably me…).

I’m trying to replicate the grip type part of the attached image, but I cannot find a solution at all. Everything I try doesn’t work.!

image|690x459

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance…

Michael K.

Actually this would be easy to achive by using the revolve tool.Revolve.umk (2.4 KB)

Hi @AndreRichter,

Thanks for posting your question here.

You’re right, using the Revolve tool will peobably be the easiest and fastest way to achieve this shape. You can also fine-tune the curves and the shape will change accoridngly.

Thanks,
Evi

Okay, I’ll give it a try… Thank you. Is there a way to get more precise measurement? For example, if I make a line that is only 1/32 of an inch when I try to put in the decimal value for 1/32 of an inch the text turns red and I cant input it. Also, would be nice if it would recognize fractions. I’m trying to create some parts for 3D printing and it’s a little hard when I cannot put in the measurement I need.

Great! We will improve the Numpad sometime in the next weeks to support fractions. We understand how important it is for some of our users.