Can’t move point on green access when in front view

I have created a 2D line [curve) )in Top view. If I move to a 3-D view, select the line and select an individual point, I can use the green arrow to move the point in the green axis direction. However I can’t assess the required shape in the 3-D view, I need to be in Front view. When I repeat the process in Font view, as soon as I click the green arrow it disappears and I can’t move the point. I have tried many times and I am confident that I’m not just simply missing the arrow when I try to move. Am I doing something wrong?
Murray

@Murray,

Thank you for reporting about it.

I’m trying to reproduce this on my end, but it works as accepted. Can you please send us a photo/video of what you’re seeing?

Thanks,
Evi

Evi
I have uploaded a video. It starts by showing the type of shape I’m trying to achieve. There is probably a better way of achieving the shape, please let me know if this is the case. Regardless I’m still interested to find out if it’s possible to constrain point movement to an axis.
Murray

Apologies for the delay @Murray.

At the moment, it’s not possible to “lock”/constrain a control point on a specific axis. We might add this later on.

Thanks,
Evi

Hi Evi
I persisted with this issue myself, I might be wrong but I believe you actually can move a point on one axis. I went back and looked carefully at one of Nikkos videos, I noticed that he uses a gesture when he pointed to the tip of the arrow and points drags in one continuous motion. I was pointing and then pausing momentarily before moving. When I went back and modified my gesture it worked. I believe it must’ve been moving in one axis, because when I went back to the top view the original plan view shape of the ellipse was still intact. So I have created my warped ellipse using this method, can you think of any other method of producing the shape?

Thanks Murray

HI @Murray,

Thanks for letting me know. I use a more straightforward way - it can be 100% precise, but for the demo I didn’t focus on that.

Here’s a quick tutorial I created for you:

Let me know if this helps. Also, please let me know if this type of tutorial is helpful/easier to consume.

Thanks,
Evi

Many thanks Evi

1 Like